DBS is a simple, yet powerful, way to share the gospel and make disciples.
1. Share Time:
· How are you doing?
· What are you thankful for?
· What problems or challenges are you facing?
· How did you apply the learning from the last story?
· Did you share the story with anyone?
2. Lesson Time:
· Tell the story in your own words.
· Ask participants to retell the story.
· Read the story from the Bible.
· What does the passage say about God or Jesus?
· What does it say about the people in the story?
· Is there a command to obey or an example to follow?
3. Prepare Time:
· What is the application for you from this story? (I will ….)
· Who will you share the story with this week?
· How can we pray for each other?
SEVEN STORIES OF HOPE
1. The woman who wept at Jesus’ feet (Luke 7:36-50).
2. Who does God accept? (Luke 18:9-17).
3. A hole in the roof (Luke 5:17-26).
4. Two lost sons (Luke 15:11-32).
5. A hard road (Matthew 16:21-26).
6. Jesus’ death and resurrection (Mark 15-16:8).
7. An unexpected guest (John 20:19-31)
Rules for a Discovery Group:
1) The passage preaches, not any person. Stick with the passage of scripture in front of the group – no “hyperlinking” to other passages!
2) No individual may impose his or her “insight” on others – stick with the plain and simplest meaning of the passage in front of the group.